- FiltersSALE$106.99Add to CartSALE$497.99Add to CartSALE$243.99Add to CartSALE$201.20Add to Cart
$186.99SALE$114.99Add to CartSALE$151.00Add to CartSALE$133.99Add to CartSALE$193.99Add to Cart
When you hear officers and first responders talk about wearing “Nomex Clothing”, you may wonder what makes this “Nomex fabric” different from other protective fabric like Kevlar. Nomex is a flame-resistant material that was developed by DuPont for bodily protection when exposed to heat and flames.
There are many uses for Nomex, but it is a key fiber that is used when designing and constructing clothing geared for firefighters and first responders. Nomex is a flame and high temperature resistant fiber that will not add to combustion in air and will not melt. It's goal is to protect our brave men and women from extreme on-the-job threats including fire and electric hazards. The unique flame-resistant properties of the Nomex fiber guarantees skin protection that can not be washed away or worn off.
In addition to the standard Nomex fiber, Dupont has developed Nomex IIIA, which is a blend of Nomex, Kevlar and an antistatic fiber. This new flame-resistant fabric helps minimize break-open and expands to form a stable and inert barrier between the fire and skin.
Benefits of Nomex Clothing
- Thermal protection cannot be washed away
- Durable and resistant to abrasions, tears and chemicals
- Meets the NFPA 1975 Standard for firefighter’s stationwear
- Meets the ASTM F1506 Standard for protection from electric arc exposure
- Complies with NFPA 70E Standards for Electrical Safety
- Complies with NFPA 2112 Standard on flame-resistant clothing against flash fires
Depending on the job and assignment you many need a variety of different types of FR clothing that gives you the flame-resistance you require. Galls is proud to offer first responders and firefighters the highest level of FR protection available on the market. Nomex protection clothing is available in gloves, fire hoods, uniform pants, uniform shirts, tactical clothing, firefighter apparel and more.
If you have an account with us please enter your user name and password below and we'll log you in!